It's been a while since I released an episode -- because I'm building a dating app! It's specifically for finding Long Term Relationships. Tentatively calling it http://bubble.dating/
Here's what I talk about:
- It's been nearly three weeks, because I've been struggling with my depression
- Still nervous about discussing depression and challenges of building publicly
- Friends have said that my discussing it openly helped them
- And openness and compassion is what I want in the dating community I’m building
- Challenge 1: Apple rejected all my TestFlight builds for bugs, and then Monday's build as “dating app spam”
- I got really angry and depressed
- My counselor helped by encouraging me to privately tantrum out anger and sadness
- Found out Apple says "App Store has enough fart, burp, flashlight, fortune telling, dating, and Kama Sutra apps, etc. already. We will reject these apps unless they provide a unique, high-quality experience."
- And that apps “submitted for beta distribution via TestFlight should be intended for public distribution”
- Oops. I've only built individual features to test!
- Still, it seems stupid to only allow testing a full fledged app.
- Entered a 30 second pitching competition and took 2nd place!
- Challenge 2: taking critique very personally :(
- Apple's rejections, obviously
- Other people I pitch the idea to
- Taking the rest of Christmas Eve off, as well as Christmas Day
- If you celebrate it, have a Merry Christmas 🎄🎅
- Have a happy New Year’s Eve! 🎆🎊🎇
- More updates, and app progress, coming in 2021!
Submit your questions or Come on the Show! DebugDating.com/questions